Attracting Holiday Makers
Owner Help > Attracting Holiday Makers
We hope to generate a good number of enquiries and bookings for our advertisers. However, there a number of factors involved, such as the amount of competition in your area, rental prices and photos, which will affect your adverts response.
If you are not receiving an adequate response, we would firstly recommend looking at the other properties on the list pages for your area - compare your location, facilities and rental prices and ensure that you are competitive. Look at your photos - are they bright, sunny, sharp and colourful? Are internal photos uncluttered, showing as much space and light as possible? As a general rule, we recommend having at least 6 photos of your property uploaded.
Also take a look at the description of your property and its location - holidaymakers like to know exactly what they are getting, how far it is to shops and restaurants and the nearest ski lift or ski bus stop.
Chalet-Hire.com does not decide which content will appear in search engine results. This is determined by external search engines like Google. Our job is to do our very best to make sure our website is "optimized," which will help it to appear as high as possible in the Google search results. This will in turn draw travellers to our site and generate more bookings for our owners.
It is important to remember that the more detail you include in your advert, the more likely it is that the search engines will pick up on it. Search engines like unique content, so make sure you add as much personalised text as possible.
We recommend the following to ensure that your advert appears at the top of search results:
- Use variations of relevant keywords (singular, plural, verb tense, popular synonyms, etc.). - Use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Include relevant keywords in your advert subheading because it is one of the first things that the search engines pick up on. Think about the keywords you would use if you were searching for your property.
- Ensure your text is accurate, descriptive and relevant.
- Avoid flowery, subjective vocabulary.
- Check that the information displayed on your advert is correct.